Monday, December 15, 2008

Happenings in Bangsar South

I've stayed in the area around Bangsar South for about 10 years. When I first moved there, Kerinchi was just squatters area with no road linking Pantai Hillpark and Kerinchi. Buildings are growing like mushrooms just this current year and this Kerinchi place near Pantai Panaroma is now called Bangsar South.

Curiousity got the better of me. So last Saturday nite with my sis and hubby in tow, we popped into the Art Village. The first impression of the art pieces was that it was the usual stuff. Most of the paintings were tagged with less than RM500 for the launch of their current exhibition. That was until we went to the top floor. I was impressed by these series of paintings of koi and the other malay motifs. The texture made was not done from the ordinary media and that really caught my attention. Concluded that was the most creative and original paintings of the lot that nite.

As I was happily savouring the chocolate cake, my eyes met those of J-Cent Mu, the artist of the said paintings. He was very down to earth. It turns out that we are from the same hometown. Now, I wish I just have the same talent and start selling my art pieces by the thousands. The raised texture in his paintings are actually from fiberglass. How interesting?? Exploring new media is what makes u tick as an artist. Just very much like Chuah Thean Theng when he started off painting using the batik style. That was a fruitful nite at Bangsar South, not to mention I got to have my dessert for free. Delicieux =)

We also did a tour at the next door Old Town cafe as though it was just another art gallery. Haha.. That was the best layout of old town cafe ever. Mixture of traditional with more modern look to it. Definitely coming back to chill.

2 comments:

The Mrs Blogs said...

Dropping by to say HI from LYN :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs Blogs. Glad to c u dropping by